Portfolio Management Associate
The Portfolio Management Associate is a key member of the team, helping the organization manage client assets. You will have the opportunity to develop your expertise in the wealth management field through leveraging your ability to utilize new technologies, maintain a high level of organization and accuracy, and deepen your knowledge of the investing process for wealth management.
The Portfolio Management Associate will work directly with the Director of Investment Research and will facilitate the firm’s operations and investment processes through leveraging technology, working closely with team members, custodians, and clients, and identifying opportunities for greater efficiency.
This position would be an excellent growth opportunity for an individual with some background in investment operations at a wealth management firm, who is looking to increase their knowledge of and exposure to the investing function within wealth management. Candidates in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) programs are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Manage daily processes across Tamarac Rebalancer and AdvisorView software, including updating and maintaining client records, investment data, and model portfolios
- Execute all client transactions and maintain trading records
- Over time, contribute to the portfolio construction process for existing clients
- Participate in investment committee meetings
- Analyze new clients’ existing holding and incorporate our recommendations
- Prepare for investment portfolio reviews for weekly meetings as well as any monthly or quarterly reports for clients as needed
- Coordinate the setup and ongoing maintenance of client accounts within Tamarac
- Record all client contact and activity information in our CRM – Redtail
- Work with compliance department on trading records, procedures, and reports
- Communicate directly with clients and other interested parties as needed to provide superior client service
- Create processes for regular duties
- Technology Utilization – working in and maintaining firm-wide software (Portfolio Center, Redtail, Tamarac, Client Portal, Excel)
- Reporting – Assist with portfolio reporting as needed, maintain client portals, run cash deposit, distribution, and rebalance reports
- A Bachelor’s degree in a finance-related field
- One year of experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Strong MS Office skills required (Intermediate Excel user preferred)
- TD Ameritrade, Schwab, Portfolio Center, Tamarac experience is a significant plus
- Exceptional customer focus with demonstrated success service clients
- Ability to interact professionally with high net worth clients and institutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and with deadlines
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Flexible in day-to-day workflow
- Cooperative team player: willing to put team ahead of self
The salary range for this position will be $55K - $70K based on experience. Qualified candidates will start the process by having a 15-30 minute phone interview conducted by our consultant (who is the hiring manager for the position). If there is ground to move forward, you will be required to fill out a Career History Form and if you are selected to advance, you will be invited for an in-person interview. Qualified candidates will be asked to take a Kolbe and/or Caliper assessment. If the process moves from there, additional skills testing may be required. This position will require a background check.