Financial Planning Consultants (www.fpcadvisor.com) located in Lafayette, IN has an opening for a Client Service Associate.
We are a quickly growing firm with offices in Lafayette and Indianapolis with a need to bring on a strong team member. We are a congenial firm, with a focus on teamwork through individual accountability. Every member of our team is a crucial part of delivering the best service to our clients. We are looking for the right person to join our team and contribute ideas, a strong work ethic, energy, and enthusiasm to our group.
Who is our ideal candidate?
- 3+ years in a fee-based financial advisory office
- B.A. or B.S. degree from accredited four year university; Master’s degree a plus
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong persuasive and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify, meet and follow through with client needs and requirements
- Must be a self-starter, problem solver and a goal-oriented team player with a ‘no job is beneath me’ attitude
- Able to work independently
- Organize, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong multitasking skills are a must
- Show curiosity and confidence when dealing with clients and Sr. Advisors
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Candidates that fit our firm culture with a desire to be small boutique independent RIA firm environment, be knowledgeable and enthusiastic, and committed to a fulfilling work/life blend
Expectations of the CSA include:
- Thorough computer skills are essential with a particularly strong understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- A working knowledge of portfolio allocation, investment management and general financial planning is expected.
- Must have ability to utilize critical thinking skills, work independently and anticipate firm needs and client questions.
- Assist Senior Advisor in conducting client meetings and regularly monitor clients’ financial situations with attention to detail and accuracy
- Work with the custodial platform Raymond James; Junxure, Tamarac, Money Guide Pro, Naviplan and Morningstar software.
- Assist with trading and rebalancing of client investment accounts
- Interact with clients over the phone and in-person professionally and respectfully
- Develop and manage on-going client relationships independently
- Delegate appropriate tasks to supporting team members
- Manage Associate Planners, Client Service Associates, and Interns
At Financial Planning Consultants, we understand our employees work hard; we offer an outstanding benefit program to help you achieve a successful work-life balance. Our continued success depends on a diverse array of professionals working together toward common goals while striving for independence, innovation, intelligence and integrity. It is a rewarding foundation where unique individuals are given the tools to excel through their own hard work and determination. We foster a friendly work environment where all associates are on a first‐name basis with one another and enjoy company events together. Senior management is uniquely accessible and you will benefit from a supportive family atmosphere where time and resources are dedicated to your personal growth.
Additional benefits include:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Salary continuation
- Pre-tax transportation deductions
- Tuition reimbursement
- In-house educational program
Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 15 to 30 minute phone interview conducted by our consultant (who is the hiring manager for this position), then an in-person interview with the firm. If there is mutual ground on which to move forward, candidates will be asked to take assessments along the way. If the process moves from there, we may conduct skills testing and the applicant must pass a background check.