Bearing Point Wealth Partners (bearingpointwealth.com) is seeking an Associate Financial Advisor for our fee-only financial planning and investment advisory firm in Hampton, NH. The Associate Financial Advisor provides technical financial planning and investment management work to support David Mayes, the lead advisor and owner of the firm. The focus will be to prepare, attend and execute follow up work for client meetings. This is a professional supporting position in a client-focused environment and requires a basic knowledge of financial planning services such as investment reviews, retirement income projections, and estate planning.
Most importantly, from the onset, the Associate Financial Advisor will work directly with clients. The position is designed to provide the right candidate a mentorship relationship and career path leading to the position of Senior/Lead Advisor.
- Provide client relationship support through managing/gathering/analyzing client data, helping prepare preliminary financial plans and other client deliverables, working with clients to resolve issues and other practice management tasks as needed.
- Attend, document, and participate in client meetings and follow-up on meeting action items. Delegate non-advisory follow up work to the client service/operations team.
- Support client relationships by maintaining the CRM and responding to client requests in a professional manner continually aspiring to deliver excellent client service.
- Prepare and make recommendations on client investments, including the creation of investment policy statements and portfolio allocation reports.
- Analyze information and evaluate results in order to help choose the best solutions and solve problems.
- Show initiative to develop necessary skills to move into a more senior Advisor role in the future.
- Competitive salary based on experience and a full benefit package including health insurance (firm pays 100% of premium), dental reimbursement plan, 401(k) with employer matching contributions, long term disability insurance, paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
- Mentorship and learning opportunities.
- Great working environment with professional growth opportunities.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP) licensee or candidate (or you are studying for the exam)
- Tax preparation experience is a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Familiarization with financial concepts, investment products, portfolio analysis, goal setting and cash flow
- Aspirations for a long-term career path
- Knowledge of the securities industry, financial planning and investment management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify, meet, and follow through with client’s needs and requirements
- Must be a self-starter and a problem solver
- Must interact effectively with office staff and be a goal-oriented team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Must demonstrate excellence in organizational and time management skills
- Able to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
- Exceptional phone and client service skills, positive and upbeat attitude at all times
Qualified candidates will start the process by having a 15-30 minute phone interview conducted by our consultant (who is the hiring manager for this position). If there is ground to move forward, you will be required to fill out a Career History Form and if you are selected to advance in the process, you will meet with the firm. Qualified candidates will be asked to take a Caliper assessment. A background and credit check will be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.